Scope 3 reports will show you where to focus your energies. A fair Scope 3 analysis will provide a decent understanding of where the majority of your issues lie. Scope 3 has 15 categories, ranging from business travel to eWaste. We urge you to address Scope 3 emissions across all categories for two reasons.Scope 3 reports can give you an understanding of where the majority of the issues come from and where to focus your energies. Scope 3 reports need to be completed across all categories for two reasons. Scope 3 reporting should mean something. But it can't if you address just one or two categories such as business travel.
To be fair, official guidance on how to calculate emissions has yet to be finalized for 10 or so Scope 3 categories. If guidance does not exist for a category, one option is to use science based targets to calculate the emissions. You may want to document your process if you choose this alternative. An analysis of all categories allows for comparisons. Comparability across industry or sector promotes a culture of creativity and learning from our mistakes. Even if you don't have the necessary data to calcuate all Scope 3 emissions, you can report the category as pending. In this scenario, you may want to explain what steps you are taking to complete the category assessment in the future.
When you hire MobiCycle, you hire a specialist in electronics for Scope 3 emissions reporting. MobiCycle will work with you to assess how your electronic waste destroys particular habitats; the critical minerals in your electronics poison our natural resources;your electronics purchases contribute to deforestation to get to the minerals below, population growth will increase the number of electronics you purchase or sell and eventually retire; and,urbanization in the cities in which you have a presence leads to more eWaste. We recommend you repeat this process with other specialist consultancies, across other waste streams such as food waste. Your ESG generalist consultancy can then aggregate the specialist reports for top level reporting.
- Tell us which fund(s) you participate in. If you are not publicly traded, apply this step for your largest customer(s).
- We summarize the nature of the fund(s). Examples include Integration Funds, “ESG-Focused” Funds, open-end funds and closed-end funds. You can find details about the fund's ESG strategy in the prospectus.
- We identify ESG factors.
- We identify the sources of GHG emissions data you will use.
- We are ready to create your data report. Your data report will be integrated with your process maps to create a preliminary report.
- We work with you to ensure your ESG strategy aligns with the ESG strategies for all the funds of which you belong.